Friends Meetings and Committee

Hollesley Primary School is an exciting place for our children to learn – they enjoy a well resourced school that provides them with lots of opportunities. 

AGM | September 2022

This year’s AGM was held on Wednesday 28 September 2022. There were no volunteers for Chair or Vice Chair so Jules Tyler and Lizz Nunn will continue as Chair and Vice Chair on the provison they are able to delegate more to other members. This has prevented the Friends folding.

Jo Crisp is remaining Treasurer, with Louisa Grogan to assist.

Natasha Sones is remaining as Social Media Manager and sharing the Secretary’s role with Louisa Grogan.

Present – Jules Tyler, Lizz Nunn, Sarah Woods, Theresa Elder, Jane Baker, Joanna Crisp, Amy Woolnough, Klara Curtis, Amanda Eglington, Lou Grogan, Jess O’hara, Helen Devine, Kelly Backhouse, Tina Morley, Emma Whittaker

Apologies – Kate Ellis, Natasha Sones and Jess Mattin

JT opened the meeting, welcoming new and returning members. Went over last years AGM minutes – what fundraisers were successful -Grandparents lunch, Harvest festival refreshments, Hampers and Christmas cards were all very popular and good fundraisers.
JT asked if anyone wanted to take on the role of Chair or Vice Chair- no takers so JT and LN to continue as Chair and Vice Chair on the proviso they are able to delegate more to other members. This has prevented the friends folding.
JC remaining Treasurer – LG to assist
NS remaining as Social Media Manager and sharing the Secretary’s role with LG.
KE and AE resigning from Secretary.

Treasurer’s report

JC summarised the financial report for the year- overall the balance is lower than last year, due to awaiting the second and final grant payment for the redevelopment of the wildlife area. Once that money comes in it will look considerably improved.

JT wrote a piece for the newspaper about the wildlife garden – SW has said thank you for all the hard work. The wildlife area will be officially opened on 13th October, with teachers, friends members and school children making and installing bug hotels after school.
JT advised we can claim “time in kind” on the grant for volunteers and teachers assistance in the wildlife garden which will help with funds. Puddle suits for the wildlife area- LN making an application to the parish council for funding.

Fundraising this year
Tuck shop- whilst not a massive money maker the children (and teachers!) thoroughly enjoy the tuck shop, so it will be continued. JB to organise a rota – year six students to be asked if they want to man the tuck shop. Also more expensive sweets to be provided as the penny sweets are not as popular. JC organising a restock.

Emma Wray, LG and JB organising
JB organising an email to go out from School office asking for Harvest hamper donations- tinned and packaged products only, plus cake, sausage roll etc donations on the day (17th October) for refreshments and a tinned or packaged item for the food bank- one per child. LN providing a vegetable hamper.

Nothing for Halloween

Dress down day 2nd December

Refreshments following KS1 nativity on 9th December.
At this time no volunteers to take the lead on organising a Christmas fayre. Instead we will be offering refreshments at school after the Christmas church service, with raffles, hampers and Santa’s grotto for the kids. JT organising.
SW to confirm date with church- provisionally aiming for 14th December
J O’H to wrap any gifts.
TM organising raffle prize request letters.
JB and KC organising hampers. Santas grotto- wildlife area to be decorated and lit up.
EW organising friends Christmas do.

Bingo and bangers- at village hall- date tbc – EW organising- most likely in the spring.

Easter- AE to organise. Tracey Anderson and Emma Wray have been volunteered to assist.

Camping and BBQ and Year six leavers bash- EW to organise and liaise with school.

Year six leavers hoodies- SW to arrange

End of year disco- JC, KC and AW to organise

Next meeting – TBA

The committee voted in:
Chair: Jules Tyler
Vice Chair: Lizz Nunn
Treasurer: Jo Crisp
Secretary: Kate Ellis and Amanda Eglington

The AGM wasn’t as well attended as previous years, and due to outside commitments the committee are arranging fewer events this year. If anyone would like to join the friends or simply assist during fundraising events, you will be very welcome. We would particularly like to see representation from the reception class parents.


Friends of Hollesley School charity no: 1114411